The public and private schools often offer music programs such as band, choir, and orchestra. These can be wonderful programs, but even then some public and private school students are unable to partake for whatever reason. Perhaps you have a child who has already taken Beginning Band, but wants to learn a different instrument. Home-school children may not even have an option for a a band or orchestra program. Many young people are also looking for something to do over the summer- and something fun!
For those looking for something fun and healthy to do over the summer finding opportunities for music programs like this may be a challenge- so we’re just going to go ahead and start one right here in the Fort!
We would love to see a beautiful gathering of children from all over Fort Smith for a positive, extracurricular, safe, and fun environment/experience of Beginning Band. For children young and old (for those who have completed the fourth grade and above), come on and let’s learn to play music together! We would love to have you join us.
For more information about me and my qualifications, please click on About Sean-David. My wife Jenna will also be assisting me. Please contact us right away to reserve your spot as spots are limited, and spread the word!
- We will meet for 9 weeks (June 5- August 2), twice a week each week in Fort Smith @ the Elm Grove Center.
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 1:30-2:30 PM
- $10 per week ($5 per class) plus the cost of your book. Southside High school Band has graciously offered to allow us to borrow music stands.
- Standard of Excellence book 1 (the curriculum) is available from a variety of online retailers for $6.95 and most offer free shipping, check out Woodwind and Brasswind or Amazon
- Music stands are available also from around $12-30 and available locally or online from Musicians Friend or Woodwind and Brasswind
- BYOI (Bring your own instrument) Saied Music has instrument rentals for $29-37 a month with an option to buy at the end of a three month rental contract. Contact the Fort Smith store at 479-783-305
- How much prior knowledge does your child need before beginning? None! It is Beginning Band!
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com or give me a call at (479) 831-7001
I look forward to making music with you!